It’s summer. You are hot. And in the last few weeks of your pregnancy. We have compiled a list of a few things around town and at home to help you survive the last few weeks of pregnancy and prepare for your new bundle of joy!
- Go to Sholem on one of the hottest days of the summer… the kind where you don’t want to leave the house at all. But trust me- go to the pool. Float down the lazy river and it will be a super relaxing and cooling way to get comfortable on a hot day at the end of pregnancy! You won’t be the only pregnant person there- I guarantee it! Don’t forget to bring your water with you though!
- Get a massage! Schedule an appointment with Abby Meyers of Abby Meyers massage to do a prenatal massage. Work out those knots and relax as she works her magic.
- Get a pedicure! It’s an awesome way to relax and pamper yourself- plus you will have pretty toes when you are done!
- Go on a date. You may not be able to do that for a while after the newest addition arrives, and it is a great way to connect with your partner before baby comes.
- Take a nap. You probably won’t be able to get solid sleep after baby gets here. So, sleep as much as you can now- if you are tired, listen to your body and take a nap!
- Go get coffee or ice cream with friends. Or do both. Both is better. Again, your life is about to change. And it is awesome to get out and do the things you really enjoy… it really helps pass the time until baby gets here.
- Go get adjusted. A chiropractic adjustment from Emily McCabe at McCabe Chiropractic is a great way to get comfortable and can help get your body ready for the marathon of labor!
- Go do a session of acupuncture! I’ve never been more relaxed than I have when I’ve gotten an acupuncture treatment with Bensky Family Acupuncture. Plus it’s getting your body ready for labor
- Pack your bag. Some great suggestions here and here.
- Make your Postpartum Plan. A lot of times we prepare so much for baby’s arrival and forget all about how much help we will need once we are home.
- Has anyone offered to set up a meal train for your family? Meals can be so helpful in this transition so be sure to take people up on that offer.
- Make your Postpartum Care basket. After baby comes- you won’t want to walk all over the house to find the things you need those first few weeks- having a basket on each floor in your common areas of your house can make sure you have everything you need in one place. These are a few ideas of what to have in your basket: Birth Without Fear: Postpartum Basket
- Schedule Belly Binding with Shannon Morber. There are a great deal of benefits listed here.
- Order the ultimate Postpartum Celebration snack… a cake from RegCakes!
Even if it doesn’t seem like it, you WILL survive these last few weeks! Put some of these ideas on your calendar, and the time will fly by while you stay cool and calm.
Do you have a late summer or fall baby? What ideas could you add to our list? We’d love to hear from you!